According to the security researchers, UberEats’s user records have been discovered on DarkWeb.
Author Saif Ahmed Bhuiyan | NITS DiGi, August 06, 2020
Never ending breach! This time it is the online food delivery company UberEATS.
UberEats was established in 2014 which is an American online food ordering and delivery platform.
According to a team of researchers, it has been discovered that a threat actor leaked user records of UberEATS during the process of dark web and deep web monitoring.
It has been analyzed by the researchers that some files were leaked by the threat actors which contain UberEATS delivery drivers, delivery partners, and customers.
The analysis also confirmed that 9 TXT files leaked by the threat actor which contained details of UberEATS delivery drivers, delivery partners, and customers.
Furthermore, the leaked files also include login credentials of 550+ UberEATS customers and details of 100 delivery drivers.
It also include information such as
- login credentials
- full name
- contact number
- trip details
- bank card details
- account creation date.
Solution providers and experts have some recommendations:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed antivirus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile